My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The beginning...

For those of you who don't know, a few weeks ago I applied to tour
across Canada with a Christian drama group. They asked for an
audition; I sent them one. They liked it, and on January 2nd I leave
for a widening in the road called Barons, AB, population 200, half an
hour north of Lethbridge, where they rent out a school for their drama
training and practice. I'm going to spend six months travelling around
Canada, performing mainly sketches at churches and conferences.

It's all very sudden and more than a little scary. I start in
Vancouver, then head to Winnepeg, Halifax, Ottawa, and who knows where
else. I'm travelling with Spread the Word Ministries, a part of
Wycliffe ministries. We're a team of five; two men, three women,
together for six months. I'm the youngest, but for some reason that
feels normal. I should be coming back to Edmonton for Missonsfest and
possibly a conference here and there. For updates on the team and our
full itinerary (eventually), they will be posted at
www.spreadtheword.ca . Please pray for me; that I can keep from
burning out, that we'll be a tight team, for safety, and anything else
that comes to mind.

This is one of my dreams, and it's happening. I never would have
thought that I would take a semester off school this year and see the
rest of Canada, but here I go. God bless you all! I'll miss you!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Yam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home