My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

I love homework.

I can only remember once before that I had to watch a movie for homework, and that was a Coke documentary. So far this week, between all of us, we've watched The Gods Must be Crazy, Monsters Inc., and a part of Zoolander as homework. I used The Simpsons as a demonstration for my devotional, and UHF is on the homework list, too. And we watched Hero because there's an intense kung fu fighting scene in Act 2.
Okay, so maybe there's no fighting scene. But it was a good movie. Anyway, we've rehearsed the first half of our production, and it's coming along. The second half will be a real challenge.
You know those stories about how one little detail of someone's life changed it forever? Well, I don't think I mentioned how I heard about this ministry. One morning, when my alarm was set to the ungodly hour of 6:45 am (to catch my bus at 7:09), I happened to catch the tail end of an ad for Spread the Word Theatre ministries. Through the fog of my half-sleeping mind, the ad caught my interest as something that I could possibly be interested in. I fought to stay awake and was able to make out the name of their webpage. I checked it out, applied, and here I am. If I hadn't chosen to wake up to the Christian radio station and my alarm had not rung at the exact time it did, I'd be in my second semester of school. Or, God may have gotten the message to me another way, but it's pretty crazy to think about.
Oh, and my darling teammate Reneyah has started her own blog! Check it out at http://reneyah.blogspot.com. I'm the fearless billet buddy mentioned.
Keep it real, kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movies for homework sounds like fun.......are you going to become a professional actor(ess)?

6:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maura!
Man, I want your kind of homework...
Joyce

2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog Maura! I am sooo jealous;)

10:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home