My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

And....I'm back in Edmonton. We had the last week off in Barons, with one show in Medicine Hat. It was a relaxing week; made food, ate food, watched movies, walked around Barons, played Risk, went to Calgary, went to Lethbridge, made up a game called Whack the Pin...and other stuff. Sunday morning we went to a church in Claresholm, and Sunday night we performed at Southside. It was a good show, and I got to see my friends! It was so good to see everyone again. It's interesting to observe how people change and how much I've changed in relation to them. Some a lot; some barely at all. Definitely a difference; but I guess five months would do that to anyone. Monday I got to hang out with my family; it's so great to see people I know. We're in Edmonton all week, so if any of you Edmontonians want to see a show, check out our schedule.
Monday afternoon, we went to my brother's house, and as always, any opportunity to play Settlers of Catan was met with enthusiasm by the team. But this time it was SIX PLAYER! Great fun. I didn't win, but somehow it was easier with six players. Maybe because I was a hopeless case both games.
Today I had the SUPREME priviledge of dealing with school administration. It's been about five months since my last encounter at Grant MacEwan College; now, I have to face the U of A, which is a zillion times bigger. I've already spent five and a half hours trying to fit in the classes I want and I still only have nine courses! Errrg!
I forgot to mention a great moment in my life from last week. I have always loved the show Bill Nye the Science Guy, generating patronizing looks of pity or disgust from my family and friends. Somehow the show came up in conversation, and in fear of the team's disdain, I tentatively mentioned that I liked it. To my exuberant surprise, I found out that both Jeremy and Rhonda like it! And they didn't think I was ridiculously geeky for liking it. So there! To all of you who made fun of me! I'm NOT the only one!
So we hop over to Edson tomorrow, then back in Edmonton area until Sunday. It's been so great to hang out with everyone again. Hope to see you later in the week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love him too! he was entertaining_and_ educational. =P

12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home