My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Reneyah

I feel that, out of any of my team members, my blog has portrayed Reneyah the least accurately. Not that she doesn't say or do all these hilarious things I've told you about, but they are the surface aspect of her personality.
Reneyah is a very passionate person; passionate about God, about teaching, about missions, about horses, about building, and anything else that she chooses to focus her life on. She's an incredibly deep person; even after living with her for four months, I was still finding out new things about her. She's the type of person who, when she has a goal, will not stop until she's acheived it or discovered that it's not as important as she originally thought. When anything goes wrong, she's eternally optimistic and finds the remotest positive aspect to dwell on. She treats everything as a learning experience.
At most of the places we stay, I am billeted with Reneyah. She's gregarious and outgoing, so if I'm ever tired or don't feel like talking, I just close my mouth and let her talk to our billets. If we're walking in a crowd or at a church or something, somehow Reneyah makes a friend; either in line, in the foyer, or just walking down the street. It amazes me, how she can just...talk to people. Like she's known them for ten years. She's so incredibly genuine in everything; one thing she always insists on is honesty. She can also read people very well, which I suppose is the reason why she can talk to everyone so easily.
As for her dominance in the quotebook; Reneyah sometimes says the very first thing that pops into her head, making for very good quotes. She's fun-loving and is easily excited, making every moment with her quite interesting. She's the kind of person I'd love to go on a vacation with, because she wants to do EVERYTHING. If something fun is happening, she'll jump at the chance. If Reneyah and I were ever in a survival situation, like a bear attack or something, I'm convniced that she would be 10 kilometres away before the bear finished eating me. Not that she wouldn't try to help me, she's just very jumpy; if you sneak up behind her and scare her, she'll jump away five feet.
Like Jonathan, she loves being outside and going hiking, though her idea of camping is probably a little closer to mine than to his. I love finding trails with the two of them; we've had quite a few opportunities to do so. And, since they're both basically fearless and will go anywhere, I try not to miss out.
God has blessed me so much by bringing Reneyah into my life. We've had so many great late-night talks about everything, and over the last six months have become very close. I never cease to marvel at the joy that God has given her in the face of the trials and tragedies that have occured in her life. She has shown me so many things about myself and challenged me to change what needed to be changed. I could write a book on her, but I always tell her she should do that.
She has become my mentor and one of my best friends.
I love you, Reneyah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reneyah,

Thank you for enriching Maura's life:)

God bless,
Kevin M

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home