My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

There's water in Edmonton, too.

On Wednesday we performed at a funny church in Edson with a funny pastor whose redneck jokes were not so funny. I wore my Birch Bay Ranch hoody and three people asked me if I knew someone they knew from the ranch. Small world!
Thursday we did another Cafe Wycliffe in Spruce Grove. It wasn't as big as the one in Calgary, but I met some great people, one of whom was a female youth pastor in an Anglican church. This trip has really opened my eyes to other denominations; I'm embarrassed to admit that previously, my attitude towards them was flippant at best. I now realize that my ignorance is no excuse to write off an entire section of church history, and that just because a congregation is not Pentecostal does not mean that it does not contribute to the kingdom of God.
Our next show was today at YC. It was so great to be there, cause I saw sooo many people I know! People from the ranch, people from nursing, people from high school, from junior high, from church, from other conferences, from Edson, from Calgary, from Claresholm, from everywhere! I guess it's cause it's home. I've discovered that I really like Edmonton. It's a pretty city; not too busy, but not really sleepy. Lots of festivals, artsy, fairly warm summers. I'm not as familiar with all the nooks and crannies of it as much as I would like to be. When I'm back for good, I think I'd like to learn more about my city. It's definitely not a bad thing to find out that you like your hometown.
It's been a great week in Edmonton. Tomorrow we head to Three Hills. And Reneyah takes quote of the week:
"I love Toronto! There's water there."
Yup. There's water in Edmonton, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home