My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Day Pass

After getting our headshots done last Monday, we stayed inside for the entire rest of the week. Sunday morning, bright and early, we all piled into the van like a family of....chuchgoers and went to church. I really liked the church we went to in Claresholm; I didn't recognize a couple of the songs, which is pretty amazing for a lifer like me. Anyway, I'm now convinced that there must be a class required for every person who wants to become a pastor in Canada that is fully devoted to the use of acronyms and alliteration in sermons. This week, it was "CPR." I can't remember much else from the sermon. P stood for prayer. Well, there ya go. It works.
So we came home and had lunch, and then went into Lethbridge to go to Starbucks. It was like coming home. I got a peppermint mocha, of course. Then we headed to the Enmax Centre to see the Lethbridge Hurricanes face the Red Deer Rebels. It was a lot of fun, but let me tell you, I miss the NHL. Probably the best part was the second intermission when we were treated to the "Subway Cup;" 4, 5, and 6 year old boys falling all over the ice. They were really cute. To top off the experience, I had mini-donuts. Sooo good. I also lost miserably to Jeremy in the "name that song" game, though for me it was a pretty good showing. Then we all came back to the school, and I got to see a movie I've been waiting to see for about a year now. Yes, Al Yankovich's timeless classic, UHF. Of course, it was for homework as well, but I can't tell you why or I'd have to kill you.
I'm sick again, and in the last day and a half I've gone through an entire box of Kleenex. I'm glad I'm getting sick now as opposed to on the road, though. Please pray that my sinuses don't explode and that my nose stops running like a tap. I leave you with these words....


"You found the marble in the oatmeal! You get a drink from the fire hose!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

toot, toot.

6:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock munna! You're the munna rocker. Get well. - Dave

10:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maura, this is Jeremy, I must say that UHF is a timeless classic, without it, many people would be very, very sad. I'm glad you like it.

5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home