My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Quote of the Week: "Luke Skyscraper"

Vancouver is big, beautiful, and seems to be very proud of their history and heritage. The humidity definitely agreed with me. It was ridiculously warm and there was grass on the ground. In JANUARY! There's something seriously weird about that. We went to Gastown, which is like Whyte Ave times ten, and Granville Island, which has some amazing artistry shops. Things like fabric painting, glass art, crafts, etc. If you're an artist and you ever go to Vancouver, spend some time in Granville Island.
We performed several times at Missionsfest this weekend, spending a good chunk of our time lugging props and costumes from one end of the convention centre to the other. If you've ever been to The Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre, I'm sure you understand. Let's just say it's a little bigger than the Shaw Conference Centre. The shows went well, with no major screw-ups. On Sunday, our last night, I got to hang out with some of the young adults from our billets' church. It reminded me of after-River outings with the Southsiders...good times.
So now we're on the road again, stopped in Revelstoke on our way to Winnipeg. Under Rhonda's tutelage, Jonathan has learned to crochet. She brought a giant ball of yarn the size of my head, and I'm convinced that by the end we'll have an afghan. The unofficial score of the "Name that Band" game is Maura: 6, Jeremy: 387509. We've named March 2 "Reneyah day," since she is the only team member who is not celebrating a birthday or anniversary on tour.
At some point in the last week, we decided that our many brilliant and funny comments should be recorded, and we now have a quote book. Reneyah has dominated the quotes with such sayings as "Give me an arm" and "Mic me! Mic me now!" However, the official quote of the week was when she said:
"Didn't Harrison Ford play Luke Skyscraper?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home