My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Etzikom

So we're back from Saskatchewan and Manitoba. You know, people say that Saskatchewan is flat, and it is, but really not much flatter than Alberta. Or Manitoba. Maybe just more of it is flat. Or something. But though it's quite beautiful, I think I'd rather live in BC. Maybe in a suburb of Vancouver. Or Hope or Mission or Vernon or Kelowna. It's so much warmer! And nice and humid.
Well, for now it's back to the homeland, and I'm very excited to go to Edmonton and see my friends and family...except for one. My brother decided he needs a tropical vacation or something...pfft. Whatever. I'm not jealous; who needs a tropical vacation when you just came back from Swift Current?
By the way, Alberta has some weird town names. Like Manyberries, Readymade, Bow Island (NOT on an island), and Etzikom. What a funny name. Etzikom.
And quote of the week goes to Jeremy;
"Look at the road. It feels like we're not moving and everything is coming towards us..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maura,

Sounds like you've gone on to do some crazy things. Pretty lucky to get to go all across Canada. Just remember that if ever you're traveling and you get stuck or run out of money, painting could always save your life...After the House of Despair, (or were you on the deck of despair....i dunno), I think you can pretty much handle anything.

Have fun!

5:15 PM

 
Blogger The Yam said...

Munna, I'm sooo sorry that I'm gonna be gone when you come back. I feel bad about that. I don't feel bad about punta cana, dom repub though. I'd make a blog for that, but I get the feeling it wouldn't be all that revelatory.

6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home