My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

So. Much. Food.

This week I've experienced some interesting billets; Reneyah and I went to the house of an old widow, and entered to find her and four of her friends talking in the living room. It was a very interesting evening; I think we were the event of the week. Our conversation consisted of Cuba, end times prophecy, and sex. They were great ladies, and we had a hilarious time.
We headed through rural Saskatchewan and stayed with a Mennonite pastor, where we were introduced to "night lunch." Apparently, every night they have...lunch. Oh man, we don't need it. When you stay with a different person every night, it's an event for them. So they put on a spread, as Christians do, with meat, potatoes, veggies, and always with dessert. Yes, its all very good, but food looks better on a plate than on me. I try to resist, but it's very hard to say no to what is likely the most delicious pie I will ever taste in my life. I keep telling Reneyah that we have to keep each other accountable, but so far...that hasn't really happened. If this continues, we're going to have to refit my costume.
Every Canadian who ever lives should watch Corner Gas. Especially while driving through Saskatchewan. It's hilarious. We got to watch it because Rhonda and Jeremy have a portable DVD player and the first season of Corner Gas. We've also watched 13 going on 30 and Pirates of the Caribbean (with the amazing Johnny Depp).
Oh, and good news on the juggling front! It only took me six weeks, but Jonathan and I are finally starting to get it down. We have rhythm! I have some hand-eye coordination! Yay!
In another week, we're in the City of Champions. From there, we fly to Halifax and spend two months out east, leaving Ajeep behind in Alberta. We get another van in Halifax. Let's hope it's as good to us as Ajeep has been.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep Blogging Morby Jill and I love reading it! We look forward to seeing you when you're back in town.

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

I was going to leave a comment but I forgot what I was going to write, and the only thing I could think of to write was unintelligent and irrelevant. This was the only other thing I could think of to write.

I'm glad that you sound like you're having fun!

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

That didn't make much sense, did it? Sorry for spamming your blog with nonsense comments.

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home