My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Paprika, Bruiser, Daisy, Amazing Man, and....

We've repaired our boxes, fixed our props, and are now in Edmonton. Edmonton! My city! My sister nearly attacked me when I came up the walk to my house; I hadn't see her for two months. I invited the team in and gave them a little tour of the house. Rhonda discovered a picture on the fridge and said "Oh, what a cute kid! She looks kinda funny...whoa, what's with the bruise on her head? Or is that a he?" To which I replied "That's me." Because of this and another baby picture of me blowing spit bubbles, Rhonda and Jeremy have affectionately nicknamed me Bruiser and Bubbles. Reneyah said she adds spice to everything (which is too true), so Jeremy decided to call her Paprika (we'll see if it sticks). Our fearless leader (Jeremy) is Daisy, and Jonathan is Amazing Man. Yup, he's actually a superhero. Have you ever noticed that Jonathan and Amazing Man are never in the same room at the same time? I also call him Mr. Fixit and Textile (he crochets a lot in the van). Rhonda...well, I can't think of any that have stuck so far.
On Thursday, I FINALLY got to see Lesly after six months of separation. I was so happy. She brought me a spear from Africa! It's so cool! I asked if it was a dart, and she gave me a look. Yes, Maura, a two-foot dart. Then we hung out with Sandy and ate junk food. Ahhhh, good times.
Friday was a long day. We did our game show sketch six times in a row; my throat was a little tired after that. Today we got to perform for kids, and did the kazoo sketch (one of my favorites). It's great fun. Involves volunteers. Reneyah got my sister (Erin) to volunteer another time today...hehe that was great.
Monday morning we're leaving Edmonton for another few days in Barons, after which we fly to Halifax on Thursday morning. The next time we're in Edmonton (so far) is on May 22 at Southside Pentecostal Assembly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home