My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Sexy Mama

Sunday:
We went to my Pentecostal church, which was not too shocking of an experience for my non-Pentecostal team. Actually, not shocking at all, but there was more swaying than they're used to. Anyway, afterward we went to my house, ate pizza and played Mario Kart...which I SUCK at. Well, I'm not too bad...I could learn. In the afternoon, we did what every Edmonton tourist must do; went to West Edmonton Mall. I never really realized how much is in the mall until I gave Jonathan a tour. Coming from small-town Ontario, this was not an everyday experience for him. Reneyah and I played Wac-A-Mole in Galaxyland and then I introduced her and Jonathan to DDR. Hehehehehe. DDR is great.

Monday:
You know, a three-hour drive seems a lot shorter now than it did on January 2. We breezed our way to Calgary and dropped off our set pieces to be transported to Halifax. Afterward, we drove to Three Hills to the place where Jeremy and Rhonda met; Prairie Bible College. We watched the Anne of Green Gables musical, then had a grand tour of the college. We headed home to Barons, bought some Pillsbury cookies, and spent the evening playing Wizard.
Jonathan decided to pull out a bag of big long pretzels before the game, and then started to pretend to smoke one like a cigar. We all grabbed a pretzel, and I all of a sudden became a chain-smoking, hardened cynic named Sexy Mama. Rhonda was my buddy Slick, Reneyah my nemesis Stubby, Jonathan the ruthless Wizard player Sport, and Jeremy the seasoned veteran Sparky. It was hilarious. Never mind the frustration of having 0 points at the end; having a character sort of softened the blow. We finished the night with The Princess Bride.

Today, Reneyah and I walked through farmer's fields for an hour. We crossed three fields and got to a fence, where she said "Maura let's keep going to the end of this field! I want to see what's on the other side of the fence." I looked around, and all I could see was fields. Then more fields. Some houses. Another field. "Reneyah," I said "when we get to that fence, there will be another field. Let's go back."
We did, thank goodness. It was nice to get out and move...it's such a nice day today! We're spending the rest of the day watching movies; Reneyah made a movie marathon schedule. And to think that in my normal life, I should be studying for midterms....
Lately I've been feeling the need to dye my hair three different colors...instead, I went out and bought hot pink pants. They're great. If you're ever bored with your wardrobe, go buy hot pink/green/yellow/blue/whatever pants. It feels really good to wear them. Reneyah got purple ones.
And quote of the week goes to Rhonda. We were in Red Robin talking about flirting with waiters:
"What's your favorite burger? Chicken, beef, or Reneyah?"
Worthy of mention is another from Reneyah:
"I like feeling like a beached whale!"
I'll let your imagination run wild on that one.

Theeeee End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl
have a great trip back East. we miss you already.you and the gang are in our prayers.

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home