My take on a six-month drama tour across Canada.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Big huge van

Sunday morning we performed in Charlottetown at a Nazarene church. It was very different than any Nazarene church I've ever been to (which is a total of one); it almost felt Pentecostal. It was a very good service, and I think one of the eleven-year-old boys who helped us strike our set had a crush on me. I gave him my address so he can write me in June.
On Tuesday we performed at a Christian school for seven students. It was actually fun; we played Knockout with them afterward. This was in Middle Sackville Baptist Church in New Brunswick, the first Baptist church in Canada. Their building was built in 1905, but the congregation was formed in 1763. Isn't that crazy?
Today was a GREAT day, because we rented a new van! Ajeep (actually his name is Ajeeb, I've just been spelling it wrong the entire time) is still in Alberta, and though we loved him, he's a 1994 Astro and three of us would have to squish on a bench seat to fit the five of us. Now, for a week, we have a FIFTEEN-SEATER VAN! 2004! It's SO big and SO comfortable and I'm so glad that we have it. We have enough cupholders for everyone! And a built-in CD player!
You know, I'd like to tell you some exciting stories, but we haven't had too many lately. We went shopping...we went to Tim Hortons...we did some shows...we had squares and coffee at the churches...Jeremy and Rhonda sat on me until I almost died because I couldn't breathe...I got ice cream...Reneyah talked about horses...Jonathan is halfway done his afghan...and that's it in a nutshell.
Oh, and Reneyah uttered the Quote of the Week:
"It's a good thing I have such a hard head."

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

oooh... good news about the van!

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home